Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sorry, body


My sweet tooth seems out of control today. Polished off a pint of fudge swirl frozen yogurt before I realized what happened. Now I remember why I like to dish up a serving then put it back. Because eating right out of the carton makes four servings feel like one - makes 92 grams of sugars feel normal.

Okay, stop! Have some protein. A cup of green tea. Hug. Go outside. Soak in some sunlight. Listen to the birds. Watch the bees. Feel the breeze. See how it loves the trees. Breathe in nature, and breathe nature in. Thankful for nature. Reverence and respect to nature. Thankful to my body. Reverence and respect for my body.

Ahhh, starting to feel better now. Being in a natural setting helps me remember that my body is part of nature, that I am nature. Maybe I'll listen to some favorite music and meditate on these quotes until I get out of this self-induced sugar stupor.

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live." ~Jim Rohn

"Our bodies are our gardens - our wills are our gardeners." ~William Shakespeare

"The body too has its rights; and it will have them: they cannot be trampled on without peril. The body ought to be the soul's best friend. Many good men however have neglected to make it such: so it has become a fiend and has plagued them." ~Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare

"Fresh air impoverishes the doctor." ~Danish Proverb

"I think you might dispense with half your doctors if you would only consult Dr Sun more." ~Henry Ward Beecher

"When it comes to eating right and exercising, there is no 'I'll start tomorrow.' Tomorrow is disease." ~Terri Guillemets

1 comment:

  1. that was a refreshing post. Thank you. I have the same problems when there is cookie dough involved. More dough gets eaten than cookies baked. So I can sympathize. ^_^

    ReplyDelete