Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The words


One of the cool things about being obsessed with quotes, and I know of no one more obsessed, is that after a long hard day, when I have little energy for much else, I think over all that I've ever read and know that I don't have to find the words to express how I feel because with few exceptions someone else has already found them before. And then I feel relief at having one less thing to do before retiring for the night, I don't have to search my heart and soul for the words, some other writer - and we are all writers - has done it for me....

"In many areas of understanding, none so much as in our understanding of God, we bump up against a simplicity so profound that we must assign complexities to it to comprehend it at all. It is mindful of how we paste decals to a sliding glass door to keep from bumping our nose against it." ~Robert Brault

1 comment:

  1. Terri,

    I'm very pleased to see this thought quoted. Thanks.

    smiles,
    rb

    ReplyDelete