Saturday, December 26, 2009

No excuses


"How strange to use 'You only live once' as an excuse to throw it away." ~Bill Copeland

"I would not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum." ~Frances Willard

"For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way. Something to be got through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life." ~Fr. Alfred D'Souza

"Life is a mixed blessing, which we vainly try to unmix." ~Mignon McLaughlin

"The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature." ~Joseph Campbell

A nod,
a bow,
and a tip of the lid
to the person
who coulda
and shoulda
and did.
~Robert Brault, "A Poem Missing the Word Woulda"

"Maybe you don't like your job, maybe you didn't get enough sleep, well nobody likes their job, nobody got enough sleep. Maybe you just had the worst day of your life, but you know, there's no escape, there's no excuse, so just suck up and be nice." ~Ani DiFranco

"There is always some specific moment when we become aware that our youth is gone; but, years after, we know it was much later." ~Mignon McLaughlin

"I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things.... I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind." ~Leo Buscaglia

2 comments:

  1. And yet Life can be describe as so much more and so much less than everything we feel/think about it. It's just an endless adventure, the extremest of sports =D

    Awesome job!

    Fernanda @bfersapiens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, Terri! My real response is so very long, but I'll just say "thank you;" these are relevant for me today.

    ReplyDelete