Friday, April 30, 2010

Silence


"True silence is the rest of the mind; it is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment." ~William Penn

"An inability to stay quiet is one of the most conspicuous failings of mankind." ~Walter Bagehot

"Silence is a source of great strength." ~Lao Tzu

"You can hear the footsteps of God when silence reigns in the mind." ~Sri Sathya Sai Baba

"Soon silence will have passed into legend. Man has turned his back on silence. Day after day he invents machines and devices that increase noise and distract humanity from the essence of life..." ~Jean Arp

"Let us be silent, that we may hear the whispers of the gods." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson



plaque from Ross Dress for Less that hangs on my bedroom wall; author is unknown

3 comments:

  1. Hi Terri,

    I just discovered your Quote Garden today. It is one of the most amazing websites I have ever known, I am so in love with the site. Thank you very much for doing such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your site has always been my main "quote" source on the web...xo -Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your Quotegarden. It is beautiful!:)

    I couldn't find any way to contact you so I am posting a quote by me here...hope you would like it:)

    'Write the word 'woman', many won't get it. Draw a woman and everybody will atonce get it'

    ReplyDelete