Thursday, July 10, 2014

Quotation videos

My friends make fun of me because I choose to do things the hard way. Well, at least according to them; I think it’s really the easier way, but maybe the truth is more along the lines that I’m a control freak and I don’t usually like shortcuts. And I much prefer the written word over spoken. Video to explain something? No, no! I want to read it, so that I can skim if I want to. And I can’t stand audio books; I need to see the words. Something wonderful happens in my brain when I see the lines and curves of the letters. And I want to form the images myself, in my own mind. I’m what you might call a daydreaming reader.

That is why I was surprised to find that I am actually enjoying these videos called Quotes With Wes, created by Westin Eehn. They are professionally put together, well thought-out, and entertaining as heck. He puts out four videos each week: Motivate Monday, Tickled Tuesday, Wise Wednesday, and Tender Thursday. They’re nice and short, about 2–3 minutes each.

Here’s a link to VidCon 2014 | YouTuber Quotes. He walked around the conference speaking with online video creators asking which quotes inspire them and why. Great stuff. I’ve been meaning to do something like that on my website for years, occasional spotlights on people sharing their favorite quotation and what it means to them. Written, of course, not video. Someday I’ll get around to it.


Check out Wes’ YouTube channel (youtube.com/quoteswithwes) for his delightful weekly quotation videos. I’ll tell ya, any guy who holds up quotation marks as part of his opening title is aces with me.


“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we’re quoting.” ~John Green

No comments:

Post a Comment