Friday, May 13, 2011

Short history of grammar: quotemarks


A few months ago I found this cute cartoon drawn by Eric (a.k.a. Odysseus) titled "Short history of grammar: quotemarks" and being the quote addict that I am, I of course loved it! Graciously, his works are under the Free Art License which grants the right to freely copy, distribute, and transform creative works without infringing the author's rights. Click the image below to view in full size. You can visit Eric at his new website lerelibre.net, an introduction to free software for beginners (in French, but Google Translate is helpful)!

Quotemarks by Eric

"Collecting quotations is an insidious, even embarrassing habit, like ragpicking or hoarding rocks or trying on other people's laundry. I got into it originally while trying to break an addiction to candy. I kicked candy and now seem to be stuck with quotations, which are attacking my brain instead of my teeth." ~Robert Byrne

3 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for your article ! Merci :)
    Odysseus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terri! Cute post, but I'm afraid I'm still very much addicted to candy, and ALL kinds of sweets! What's worse, though, is that my high metabolism isn't quite what it once WAS!.. I'm here to just tell you, that I included you on a post I wrote today, and I hope that you'll like it, for what it is anyways... Have a great weekend.. And thanks for sharing all the wonderful quotes that I continually find myself turning to! ~tina

    ReplyDelete